MirrorFolder is a real-time folder mirroring and synchronization software to backup files on Windows desktop/laptop/server computers.
One can setup one or more mirrors for important folders, or even an entire drive, to another local/removable/network drive for automatic synchronization or real-time mirroring. Once a mirror is setup for a folder, mirroring/synchronization will be done silently in the background without requiring any further effort or attention from the user. It is also possible to optionally archive older versions of mirror files inside a series of zip files in a third location periodically.
MirrorFolder may be used to
- Mirror folders on the local drive to another internal/external/network drive in real-time or automatic synchronization mode.
- Mirror entire Windows drive to another internal drive in real-time (RAID-1 type) mode so that system can boot from the mirror drive without any data lose in case the source drive fails.
- Synchronize files between a laptop and desktop computers using bi-directional automatic synchronization mode.
- Synchronize files between home and office computers through a USB flash drive using bi-directional synchronization mode.
- Synchronize important folders on the multiple client computers to a central server/NAS on LAN automatically in the background.
- Mirror all user data folders on the primary server to a backup server in real-time so that files/database can be served from the backup server in case the primary server fails.